Robot Comics, who became the world's first comic publisher on the Nintendo DSi the other week, has released the latest version (v1.3.1) of its Droid Comic Viewer (also known as ACV) - a free lightweight comic, manga and image viewer developed by Robot Comics for Google Android powered mobiles such as HTC G1, HTC Magic, HTC Dream and HTC Hero.
With the release of ACV v1.3.1, Robot Comics says the Droid Comic Viewer is now the most popular comic viewer on the Android marketplace: you can see the ACV in action by viewing the video above or here on YouTube.
The main features in ACV version 1.3.1 are:
• Opens CBZ/ZIP, CBR/RAR (beta), ACV, JPEG, PNG, BMP and GIF files
• Read comics from your SD card Left-to-right or right-to-left (manga reading) direction
• Use the touch screen and trackball to zoom, scroll and navigate 17 custom controls with 17 possible actions Various screen transition and image scaling modes Bookmark - continue reading your comic from where you left it
• Next and previous page cache: read comics without load interruptions
• Multi-language: English, German and Spanish Titles officially released by Robot Comics for the Droid Comic Viewer include Cory Doctorow's Futuristic Tales of the Here and Now, the manga Ubunchu, Sergio Carrera's The Eternal City, and Alterna Comic's Jesus Hates Zombies, The Chair, Diary of a Black Widow, Confessions of a Peculiar Boy, Birth, Morbid Myths, Formera, and American Terror: Confessions of a Human Smart Bomb.
• For more information on the Droid Comic Viewer or to read the viewer's user manual and FAQ section, visit the Robot Comics web site: www.robotcomics.net/android-comic-viewer